Saturday, November 15, 2014

Day 3!!!!!!!


Today I accidentally slept an hour later than I originally planned. I did not miss anything, I was just planning on eating breakfast right at 8 when it opened so I had enough time before my 10 o’clock session I wished to attend. But a sign from the universe must have known I had to meet this two ladies I sat with when I walked into the Boca room around 8:40. I retrieved a bagel, fruit, and some orange juice. I didn’t want to sit alone so I sat with someone that was alone at their table. I just started to eat when this other woman came and sat with us, she was more talkative. We all introduced ourselves and they were older people. I think they were ETCs? Some acronym I didn’t really know. But higher up people with AISES. They talked to me and gave me so many ideas for my future. They said if I wanted to do something with my tribe and natural resources, I could just make something up and start something new. They told me about this thing that they wanted to start that I cannot recall right now. But she is sending me more information, they are having a meeting for something they are starting up and maybe our AISES chapter can attend, it’s in Minnesota or Ohio. Anyways, I was really glad that I sat down with them to network and they gave me all these great ideas. I was a little late to the session I attended that morning, it was STEM how to find your passion. One thing that stuck out to me was this slide that said have mentors, network, learn continuously, and respect everyone. They said to never stop learning. Keep educating yourself and you’ll achieve great things. They also said to always keep exploring if you aren’t sure what you would like to do. If you keep exploring you’ll find out what you want to do, or you’ll find out what you don’t want to do, which is also important. After that I went to the resume room for about a half hour. I’m not sure what I want to apply to yet, but I think I want to apply to a summer internship so I thought I should restart my resume. They gave me good ideas, but mostly just to use google. But when I return to Northern I will just go to their resume room to finish it up. Next session I attended was the inspiration one. The man that presented was very nervous and you could tell. He shared some interesting things but I was not that inspired. He told a good story about his mentor that he worked at this factory practically his whole life, but then went back to college in his forties and became an engineer, I am going to tell my parents about that and I will hopefully inspire them. After that I went to the 3M lunch, it was very yummy food, I enjoyed the salad the most. It was a presentation about the company 3M and they shared all the opportunities that the company gives. It was very moving but I am not interested in engineering. I then went to the pool and was there for a little bit to relax, it was very nice to see the sun one last time before we returned home. I went to shower to get ready for the banquet after this. Dinner was delicious, they served tofu to me and I was grateful. During dinner presenters told us about the reps of the regions which was interesting. John Harrington was inspiring he told us his story. I would like to do something great like that. Then they started to name everyone off that got an award/scholarship. Daabii was mentioned and that was exciting. Now I am sitting here writing this blog, the powwow is soon and I’m very ecstatic about that. I am not ready to leave Florida, I enjoy being here and I enjoy the warm weather. But the only thing helping me go back is that we have a week to go, then break. Bye.

No comments:

Post a Comment