Thursday, November 13, 2014

Post for Waylind



Aises 2014 blog Orlando, Florida
Hey this is Waylind, this is my first blog, I woke up at 6 o’clock Wednesday morning, I got dressed and was picked up by Larry at 7 o’clock, the roads on the way out were terrible, covered in snow, but the sunrise was beautiful. The next few hours the snow slowly started to disappear, we stopped in a town (forgot the name) and ate at subway. When we left subway I fell asleep and woke up when we stopped at a gas station next to the airport. The first plane ride was from Green Bay to Chicago a 40 minute flight. We had a 2 hour layover in Chicago where we ate pizza from a Wolfgang Puck restaurant in the airport. The next plane was around 2 hours long I slept through most of it, but woke up near the end of the flight and the end of the movie that was playing, it was the movie frozen. When we got off the plane we had to ride a shuttle like thing to claim our luggage. The shuttle we were supposed to take to our hotel was only able to take Daabii and Larry, Kristina and I had to take the next shuttle about half an hour after the other two left, and somehow we arrived before Daabii and Larry. The name of the hotel is the Caribe Royal Hotel, there are three towers and two smaller buildings, one is the lobby which had a restaurant and arcade, the other small building isn’t so small it contains two ballrooms and that is where the National Aises Conference is being held. Our rooms are in the third tower on the eighth floor Larry and I had a room and Kristina and Daabii had the room next to us. We had dinner in the Lobby, I had a burger with everything on it, shortly after I went to bed. I woke up at 8 o'clock, I got ready and went to the conference, the first presentation I went to was called Networking 101. This presentation was kind of hands on, our presenter had us move around the room and introduce ourselves to the other people. I met some people from Alaska majoring in physics, there was someone from Hawaii majoring in chemistry. The next presentation was “Perspectives on Career Paths” they gave us two yellow sticky notes and there were five posters around the room where we were supposed place the sticky notes on what you think you will do with your future after schooling, I chose work after college and for the second I chose 3 internships from a question of how many internships should a person do. The next presentation I went to was the student orientation, there our region representatives introduced themselves and the national student representatives talked about what is to be expected of us at this conference and that our actions will be reflected to the outside and our futures. After that I was done with the day and went and hung out at the pool for a bit, then we went for dinner with another group of people from Michigan State University, I had baby back ribs that were extraordinary. And now im here finishing up with my day and this blog. Good night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment