Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Reflection


Hello! Well I am very glad that I went to the AISES conference. It was eye opening and inspirational. I am a bit more confused on what I want to do now with my life then when I went, I had a small idea of double majoring in criminal justice and political science, criminal justice would always be something to fall back on since I’m not that interested in. I’ve always been interested in the environment and working with it so that has always been in the back of my mind, so I always considered being a DNR officer. I would really enjoy working with my tribe to help them, I would like to make a change with what I do with my future. So before I attended the AISES conference I was considering trying to be a tribal attorney but not sure if I could ever make it into graduate school. But I think I was only considering that so I could work with my tribe. When I went to the career fair on Friday I started talking to this booth that works with the environment and does some sort of forestry. That intrigued me and I want to apply for their summer internship so that opened my eyes to different options. So to confuse me more I might want to major in political science, natural resources, or environmental science. At breakfast on Saturday I also talked to this two ladies that are very involved with AISES. They told me I could even try to start a new thing with my tribal that has to do with the environment. I don’t remember completely but I do have one of their information. I am a bit more confused after attending the conference but it was a wonderful experience and inspiring, I hope to attend next year. I met great people that were extremely intelligent and I hope I can be that smart one day. The NASA tour was amazing and very interesting, and meeting John Harrington was cool, how many people can say that they went into space. The NASA tour and the career fair was probably my favorite part of the conference. I didn’t think I would end up seeing so much wildlife, 3 eagles and an alligator. The career fair just shows how many opportunities that AISES can give someone that attends the conference. After all the problems with getting there and how difficult it was to find a different plan after our plane got cancelled I could say it was all worth it.  Attending the conference gave me the opportunity to open my mind to different options, meet new friends, and experience something new. I think it was worth all the hard work and I am more than happy that I went. I want to say thank you to everyone helped made it possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment